Sunday, September 14, 2014


Yep. Yep. Yeppers. We're preg. prego. preggers.

This marks the second pregnancy journey I have embarked on in my lifetime, and what will most likely be the last.

Don't get me wrong. I love my kid(s). All the crying, whining, drooling, pooping, fussing, hugging, kissing, kicking insanity. It make's life worth living. But, having been in the trenches with the "terrible twos" for the last 6 months CoffeeMaker and I have decided that tackling man-on-man defense rather than Zone is way more our speed. Kudos to those of you who have 3, 4, 5, 9 children, I couldn't do it. I couldn't do the pregnancies, let alone the parenting.


This pregnancy has been particularly rough. I was sick (like - "Oh my God, I can't even look at a cup of coffee or a cheesy pizza or I'm going to vomit - sick.) I was also exhausted (like - "Oh my God, it's 6:00 in the evening why does this kid have so much energy." And"Can't I just feed him a granola bar and call that dinner?" exhausted.) Hence my absence from Yumology. Apologies.

Some pregnant women are warriors. They go to the gym. They cook dinner every night. They attend every social function on the planet through all three trimesters. I am not that pregnant woman. I am the "Oh my God, somebody get me the thickest curtains you've ever seen and I am not seeing anyone until I can fit back into my jeans," pregnant woman. You can imagine how fun I am for CoffeeMaker and ToddlerBaby right now.

Speaking of CoffeeMaker. Bless his little candy-coated-heart. He's trying his hardest. He knows I'm a monster of hormones, who gained an extra 20 pounds in the first 20 weeks. Who hates all things hair and make-up and sexy right now. But he's trying so hard to make me feel like I'm still special, still a woman.


For example…CoffeeMaker has been switching out cars for us every morning since I went back to a full-time job (another reason the blog has suffered). He drops ToddlerBaby off at daycare, then heads over to my office and leaves me the car with the carseat so I can be the pick-up parent. (P.S. It's waaaay more fun being the pick-up parent. Those with kids know of what I speak.) Anyway, as I'm climbing into my car for lunch I notice a rose and card that says "I know nothing as beautiful as you." If you thought I was a bag of emotional balls beforehand, you should have witnessed the world-class blubbering that took place after I found this on the front seat. It was amazing. Especially since he had seen me scarf down two brownies for breakfast that morning as I threw my unwashed hair up in a bun and waddled out the door. He's amazing.


Speaking of amazing, I have the most talented friend, Serena, who own BlueHollow Photography. She set up the gender-reveal photo shoot pics you're seeing here. She found out I was pregnant and then she met me the morning of my 20 week appointment to stealthily steal-away the envelope that contained my baby's sex. She then bought the blue balloons and wrapped them up in a huge yellow box for us to open and discover "IT'S A BOY!" All while she captured this beautiful memory in her very talented camera.  LOVE HER to pieces.

Anyhoo, while the last 20 weeks have been a challenge, I am finally beginning to feel like my old self again. A little bigger, of course, but more energy, less nausea and a whole lotta love for those of you who have patiently stayed fans of Yumology despite my hiatus.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the kitchen with all of you. I can't promise there won't be melt-downs, hormones, crazy cravings and recipes like Pickle Crusted Cheesecake Omelets, but knowing you're aware of the level of crazy I'm operating at right now might make it a little more bearable for both of us.

Chin-up, Yummies. Only 20 weeks to go.

Big Hugs.
xoxo


Tagged: ,

3 comments:

  1. So super excited for you and your sweet family, Megan!!! You're the cutest! xoxo, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet and supportive. I absolutely adore you gals. I feel awful for how neglected Yumology has been lately. You guys and Simply Happenstance are a daily inspiration to get my buns back in action and do more. Big hugs to you and your families! xoxo

      Delete
  2. How funny, I didn't realize you were pregnant...we are too (but with number 5) and due right around valentines day. Don't feel like you need to apologize for how many kids you do or don't want to have...you just pick what's right for your family! And kuddos for letting the blog go to focus on what you need to :)

    ReplyDelete