Two worlds collide and a new world is born.
We were grilling brats for Labor Day Weekend when we realized we were out of hot dog/brat buns.
Did we panic?
Did we fret?
The answer was clear.
Tortillas and seven layer dip was the answer to our bun-less prayers.
Your favorite juicy brat locked safe in the warm embrace of a spicy burrito.
YOU WILL NEED
6 grilled bratwurst sausages (or hot dogs - either works!)
6 small flour tortillas
1 tin of refried beans
3 tbsp sour cream
3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp guacamole
1 tbsp sliced black olives
1 tbsp fresh chopped tomatoes
1 tbs freshly chopped green onions
1 cup of fresh or jarred salsa
- There are a number of ways to go about this. We went ahead and made our seven-layer dip first.
- Layer the cooked beans in a dish, the top with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, olive, tomatoes and green onions.
- Take a tbsp or two of the dip and spread it on the inside of your tortillas.
- Then spread a layer of salsa on top of the dip.
- Lay your brat at one end of the tortillas and roll it up to form a BRAT-ito!
Like I said, it works for brats or hot dogs, so if there are kiddos around looking for something a little easier to chew use a hot dog and roll it up on a heated tortilla with cheese for a quesadogga! Bahaha.
Oh, I slay me!
Happy Labor Day Weekend, Yummies.