Friday, June 6, 2014


It's National Donut Day!
But…I don't bake.
I'm so on the J.V. team of baking.
Which is why this recipe was born.

Every time I work with yeast and dough and rising and falling, I fail.
But, the simpler the ingredients and the simpler the recipe, the better off my baking becomes.

… I know…I'm working on it.

Anyway. I love banana bread and I had a pile of ripe bananas, so here we go…

YOU WILL NEED

3 ripe bananas
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup of cocoa powder (if you want to make them chocolate)

Glaze

1 cup of confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp milk

GET COOKIN'

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Add the bananas, egg, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar to a bowl and beat until smooth.
  3. In another bowl add the flour and baking powder together.
  4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and beat until the dough is smooth.
  5. Add the batter to donut forms if you have them, I didn't, so I had to use a cupcake tin.
  6. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes.
  7. Remove the donuts/muffins from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
  8. Whisk together the confectioner's sugar, milk and almond extract to form a glaze.
  9. If you had donut forms then proceed to dip your donuts into the glaze and let them set on a wire rack. 
  10. If you used a cupcake form, punch out the centers of your donuts and then dip them in the glaze and set them on a wire rack to cool. 

Okay, so I know these aren't teeeeechnically donuts, they're more like punched out banana bread muffins, BUT they're dipped in sugary glaze and they're low on oil, butter and saturated fat, so…WINNING!

xoxo


Tagged: , ,

4 comments:

  1. Banana bread is one of my all time favs. Love the idea of this as a donut, so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! Your'e too kind. I totally feel like these can't be called donuts. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Banana bread in donut form?! Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete