Newbie alert! I had never tried gluten-free pasta before.I didn't know what to expect.
I'll admit, I was kinda grossed out by how thick and creamy the water became while I was boiling the pasta. It created this film which I ended up rinsing off the pasta before mixing it with the other ingredients.
Other than the thick water and film, the pasta tasted great. Just like the pasta I had spent most of my life eating with my crazy Italian family.
Give this one a try, Yummies. Gluten-free pasta or not, you'll love how simple and flavorful this spring dinner is.
YOU WILL NEED
1/2 cup of fresh chopped green onions
1 cup of fresh sweet peas
1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
2 cups of cooked gluten-free pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder
- Cook the gluten-free pasta in salted boiling water until it is al dente.
- Boil the peas at the same time until they are tender.
- While the peas and pasta boil prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the green onions and add them to a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and crumbled feta cheese.
- Stir all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Strain the pasta and add it to a serving bowl. (Psst. this is when I rinsed the film off the pasta just to make sure it had the right texture.)
- Strain the peas and add them to the pasta bowl.
- Pour the green onion and feta mix over the peas and pasta and toss until the pasta is well coated.
I hope you will all try gluten-free pasta and explore a healthier experience for yourselves.
This meal is such a satisfying and fresh dish that won't leave you feeling weighed down.