Friday, May 2, 2014


Newbie alert! I had never tried gluten-free pasta before.
I didn't know what to expect.
I'll admit, I was kinda grossed out by how thick and creamy the water became while I was boiling the pasta. It created this film which I ended up rinsing off the pasta before mixing it with the other ingredients.
Other than the thick water and film, the pasta tasted great. Just like the pasta I had spent most of my life eating with my crazy Italian family.

Give this one a try, Yummies. Gluten-free pasta or not, you'll love how simple and flavorful this spring dinner is.


YOU WILL NEED

1/2 cup of fresh chopped green onions
1 cup of fresh sweet peas
1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
2 cups of cooked gluten-free pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder

GET COOKIN'

  1. Cook the gluten-free pasta in salted boiling water until it is al dente.
  2. Boil the peas at the same time until they are tender.
  3. While the peas and pasta boil prepare the rest of the ingredients.
  4. Chop the green onions and add them to a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and crumbled feta cheese.
  5. Stir all of the ingredients together and set aside.
  6. Strain the pasta and add it to a serving bowl. (Psst. this is when I rinsed the film off the pasta just to make sure it had the right texture.)
  7. Strain the peas and add them to the pasta bowl.
  8. Pour the green onion and feta mix over the peas and pasta and toss until the pasta is well coated.


I hope you will all try gluten-free pasta and explore a healthier experience for yourselves.
This meal is such a satisfying and fresh dish that won't leave you feeling weighed down.

Enjoy, Yummies!
xoxo


Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment