Thursday, May 1, 2014


Those who know me, know I hate to bake.
Loathe baking, even.
I think it's because I was bad at science and math. No, seriously!
I had no time for things that were locked in. I loved the freedom and creativity that came with art, english and all those other elective classes.
How the heck did I graduate?…

As a food blogger I have learned that baking is a science. You need a determined amount of wet ingredients and a determined amount of dry ingredients to end up a cake, cookies, pie or bread.


I only put on my baking apron in the most extreme circumstances, and this my darling Yummies, was one extreme circumstance. I mean, c'mon, who in their right mind wouldn't want to smash and s'more and pie together into this epic dessert. When science tastes this good, I'm willing to experiment.


YOU WILL NEED

1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt

1/2 cup of room temperature butter (1 stick)
1 large egg
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups of marshmallow cream or whole marshmallows (up to you, but I used the cream)
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of dark chocolate chips


GET COOKIN'

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  2. Butter a pie pan and set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl beat the butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
  4. In another bowl stir together the dry ingredients: flour, graham crackers crumbs, baking soda and salt.
  5. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture one third at a time.
  6. When the dough is ready it should look like a lot of crumbly pearls.
  7. Pour half of the dough mixture into the bottom of the pie dish and press firmly until it bonds together to form a crust.
  8. Add 1 cup of marshmallow cream to the top of the base crust.
  9. Add the chocolate chips on top of the marshmallow cream then top them with the other half of the marshmallow cream.
  10. Pour the second half of the dough on top of the second layer of marshmallow cream and press to form a sealed top crust.
  11. Bake your s'mores pie in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the top browns and hardens.
  12. Remove the pie and let it cool and set for 10-15 minutes before serving. 

Okay science, this time you win.
xoxo


Tagged:

4 comments:

  1. ummmmmmmmmmmmm shut the front door. that should be illegal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're precious! Make it for those beautiful babies of yours!!

      Delete
  2. That looks great. Being from Australia I haven't even experienced a normal S'Mores yet. This might be too much for me to handle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I think this is the perfect way to be initiated. :)

      Delete