It's always nice when you can start your Tuesday off with fabulous friends, and I cannot tell you how much I adore the crew over at the KSCW Morning Show. It is always a pleasure getting to share my recipes with their viewers, and today we talked Memorial Day BBQs and this Anitpasto Pasta Salad as the perfect side dish.
Oh, and I totally goof and forget to bring a SPOON to toss it all together!
LIVE TV people!
Take a look…oh, and please, note our faces while the screen is frozen here. It looks like something is going to jump out of the bowl at us! LOL!
2 cups of cooked orzo pasta
1/2 cup of cubed Genoa salami
1 tbsp fresh, chopped basil
1 tbsp chopped Kalamata olives
1/4 cup of chopped artichoke hearts
1/4 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh quizzed lemon juice
- Cook the orzo in salt water until al dente.
- If you'd like to serve this dish warm, add the genoa salami, basil, olives, artichoke hearts and tomatoes to the bowl and toss all of the ingredients together.
- Now add the lemon juice and olive oil and toss again.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and toss one last time before serving.
- *NOTE* If you'd prefer to serve this dish as a cold pasta salad refrigerate the salad for 1-2 hours after is has been composed, the drizzle with an additional 2 tbsp of olive oil to help break up the part of the salad that may have stuck together in the cooling process.
Have a fabulous Memorial Day, Yummies!
Please share your favorite BBQ dishes with us in the comments section below.