I enjoy cooking, but I enjoy seeing my husband and son explore it even more so. It was such a joy for me to sit back and witness the bonding they went through as they mixed the ingredients and messed up three or four pancakes before getting them just right.
When we all sat down to eat breakfast together, the pride on their faces and their sense of accomplishment, after I ate every last bite, was the best gift a mother could ask for.
Well…that and kitchen clean up. :)
YOU WILL NEED
2 cups of pancake mix
1 cup of champagne
1/3 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
- In a large bowl sift together the pancake mix, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the champagne, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Grease a frying pan with non-stick spray.
- Heat your frying pan to med-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, pour 1/2 cup of pancake batter into it.
- Allow the pancake to cook for 1-2 minutes until it browns and the edges lift away from the sides.
- Flip and repeat on the other side until the pancake is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve with a pad of butter, maple syrup or powdered sugar.
How did you spoil your moms on Mother's Day? If you're a mom, what was the best gift you received? Share your experiences with us in the comments section below.