Not a season your'e familiar with?
Well, let me enlighten you…
Spring brings warmer weather.
Warmer weather brings the desire to be outdoors.
The desire to be outdoors brings grilling and dining al fresco.
Dining al fresco usually means refreshing refreshments.
Refreshing refreshments means wine (seriously, look it up).
But not that same boring old bottle of white you've been sipping on all winter.
Wine with pizazz.
Wine with sass.
Wine with fruit and fizz and sweetness.
Wine with its fancy pants on.
Wine that has undergone an extreme makeover to become, wait for it, Sangria!
BOOM. Science, y'all.
Here's a new sangria recipe sure to kick you in those shorts you've just dug our of your closet.
YOU WILL NEED
1 bottle of white wine
2 cups of lemonade
1 cup of blackberries
2 tbsps water
1/2 cup of sugar
2 slices of fresh jalapeño with no seeds
- Add the blackberries, 1 jalapeño slice, sugar and water to a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves and the blackberries are coated.
- Allow the fruit to sit and macerate for 3 hours up to overnight.
- Collect the excess juices from the macerated berries and strain it into a large pitcher.
- Add fresh blackberries to the bottom of the pitcher along with the second jalapeño slice.
- Pour in the chilled white wine and the lemonade, then stir to blend everything together.
- Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes then serve as desired.