Friday, March 28, 2014


I woke up ravenous this morning. Cereal, oatmeal, the typical breakfast foods just wouldn't cut it. I needed something hearty and savory. I didn't want to spend all morning over the stove heating up bacon and eggs so I whipped up this dandy of a dish and got Friday started off right!

I am coming to the end of my Bella Sun Luci product box, and even though this recipe - which uses their Sun Dried Tomatoes with Greek Oregano Basil &Garlic - is SO simple, I think it will be one their folks fall in love with.


YOU WILL NEED

1 slice of whole grain bread
1 tbsp olive oil
1 avocado, seeded and carved
1/2 tsp salt

GET COOKIN'

  1. I hate toasting my bread in a toaster, therefore I always toast my sandwiches and breads in a frying pan with olive oil or butter. It gives it the crunch and browning breads need to be toasted just right.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and lay the bread on top, wait until the bread crisps and browns, then flip it over and brown the other side.
  3. Remove from heat and lay on a cutting board.
  4. Mix the avocado, sun dried tomatoes and salt in a bowl until the avocado is smoothed to your liking (some people prefer chunky pieces of avocado).
  5. Spread the avocado mix on top of the warm toast and chow down!


Such a great breakfast, afternoon snack or even a light dinner if you're pinched for time.
I hope you'll share your thoughts on this recipe with us in the comments sections below.

xoxo

Tagged: ,

4 comments:

  1. Genius! I am always using avocado as a sandwich spread for my ham sandwiches or adding a spoonful of salsa to a mushed avacado for an easy and healthy dip. Never have I thought of using it on toast with sundried tomatoes for breakfast (or a quick healthy snack)! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  2. Avocado and sun-dried tomatoes = PERFECT !!
    I loooooooooooove it

    ReplyDelete