It didn't end with pesto. Fish in a quesadilla? It's probably been done, but not by me. New lands were in need of discovery, so off I went to Isle of Salmon and a whole new adventure in flavor was born.
YOU WILL NEED
2 boneless/skinless salmon filets (about 1/4 lb. each)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 jar of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto (about 2 tbsp)
1 red onion sliced thin
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
4 medium tortillas
- Add the salmon filets to a baking dish and season them with olive oil and salt. Cook at 400 degrees for 10-25 minutes, until flaky and tender.
- While the salmon bakes, prepare the onions. Add the sliced onion, butter and balsamic vinegar to a large frying pan and cook until the onions soften and turn brown.
- Add the flaked salmon to a large bowl and mix in 1/2 jar of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto then stir together.
- Lay your tortillas out on the counter.
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese to each tortilla.
- Spoon the salmon mixture onto two of the tortillas.
- Spoon the onions on the other two tortillas.
- Top the salmon tortilla with the onion tortilla to form your quesadilla.
- Spray a small frying pan with non-stick spray.
- When it is hot add the full quesadilla and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until brown and crisp.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and share some of your own unique quesadilla adventures with us!
*Note: Bella Sun Luci provided product to Yumology in exchange for these recipes and product reviews. All thoughts, recipes and opinions are my own.