Saturday, March 15, 2014


So I had all these red grapes just chillin' in a big bowl on the counter and they were like…

"Hey, why don't you put us in a cake, yo?"

And I was like…

"I should totes put you in a cake G-funk."

And they were like…

"Do it."

And I was like…

"I'm gonna do it."

So then I found this brillz Harvest Cake recipe from Food & Wine Mag, and I totally Bogarted it for Yumology, tweaking little things here and there, of course.

Then this happened.



YOU WILL NEED

2 cups of red seedless grapes
1 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup of milk
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Zest from 1 lemon
Zest from 1 orange
2 tbsp confectioner's sugar to garnish

GET COOKIN'

  1. Preheat your oven to 350.
  2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
  3. In another large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until they turn pale yellow.
  4. Add the olive oil, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and citrus zests to the eggs and sugar then whisk until smooth.
  5. Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a batter.
  6. When the batter is formed fold in the grapes and pour the batter into a 9" baking round.
  7. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
  8. Remove and cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before transferring to a platter and garnishing with confectioners sugar.

Then the grapes were like…"Whoa."
And I was all like "Whoa."

Mind. Blown.


Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment