Despite the freezing temps and icy roads I have taken it upon myself to bring on spring. That's right. No more soups, no more stews, if Yumology takes a step towards spring, perhaps spring will take a step towards Yumology.
Step one, chicken wings. Not just any ol' chicken wings mind you, chicken wings full of fresh spring flavor served on a bed of crisp romaine leaves, the kind of lunch you'd want to enjoy sitting outside in the spring sunshine…or so we hope.
Bring on spring Yummies!
YOU WILL NEED
12 chicken wings
1 bottle of light beer
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp salt & pepper
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh chopped dill
6 full romaine leaves for serving (optional)
- Add the chicken wings and beer to a crock pot and cook until the wings thaw (if frozen) and cook.
- Preheat your oven to 400 and transfer the chicken wings from the slow cooker to a baking tray.
- Pour the melted butter and salt and pepper seasoning over the wings and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the skins crisp
- In a large bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients.
- Toss the warm chicken wings into the sauce and serve on a bed of leafy romaine.
Cheers to warmer temps and salad season!