Confession: I have a major weakness for Easter chocolate. I think it's all the pretty pastel colors they come in. The bright colors and sweet flavors are warmly welcomed after a long, dark, cold winter.
As buds are blooming, bees are buzzing and children are playing outside, mom has plenty of time to get crafty in the kitchen. What better way to ring in spring than with one of these unique Easter dessert recipes using M&M'S (R) Brand Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix.
Butterflies are the ultimate symbol of spring and rejuvenation. Now imagine taking one of nature's masterpieces and recreating it on a pretty pastel cupcake. That's what happens with our fluttering cupcakes. Girly pink sugared pretzels makes the wings while M&M'S(R) Brand Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix make the body and head. Some black licorice for the antennas and there you have it!
Watch these delicious cupcakes fly off the table and into happy tummies.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Bake Time: 18 min.
Decoration Time: 25 min.
Yield: Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
3 cups prepared vanilla frosting
48 pieces thin pretzels twists
¼ cup pink decorating sugar
1 ½ cups M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix
¼ cup M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix
3 strands licorice laces
Green food coloring
24 paper cupcake liners
2 sheet pans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line the cupcake pans with the paper cupcake liners.
3. Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions. Pour the cake mix into the lined cupcake pans, and bake for approximately 18-21 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
4. While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the butterfly wings. Line the two sheet pans with wax paper. Transfer 1 cup of vanilla frosting to a microwave-safe bowl; heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, stirring occasionally, until the texture of slightly whipped cream. Dip the pretzels in the warmed vanilla frosting until they're almost covered. Dab off any excess frosting, and then sprinkle with the pink decorating sugar before the icing sets. Transfer to the lined sheet pans; set aside and let cool completely.
5. Tint 1 can of vanilla frosting green; spread it on top of the cooled cupcakes. Refrigerate until the frosting is set.
6. Using the photo as your guide, decorate the cupcakes as follows:
7. Cover the top with green M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix on the outside edge of each cupcake.
8. Press the small tips of the pretzels on top of the cupcakes for wings.
9. Place one M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix for the head.
10. Arrange a line of same-color M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix for the body.
11. Cut the licorice laces and place them as antennae.
Calories per serving 362
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 283 mg
Carbohydrates 53 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 40 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 0%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MARS. The opinions and text are all mine.