"I don't know how this is gonna turn out but I'm going to try it anyway."
...types of recipes.
As it turns out, it turned out pretty friggin amazing.
I'm telling you Yummies, buy an ice cream maker. It will change your life. I bought a Cuisinart version at my local Williams Sonoma about a month ago, and I haven't looked back since.
Here we go. All aboard for flavor town.
YOU WILL NEED
1 1/2 cups of half & half
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of blueberry pie filling
2 tbsp of fresh, finely chopped mint leaves
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Add the half & half and sugar to a bowl and whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream and almond extract, and stir with a spoon until smooth.
- Now add the blueberry pie filling, stir until the filling melts into the cream.
- Sprinkle the chopped mint leaves on top and fold them into the cream.
- Turn on your ice cream maker - be sure your churning bowl has frozen overnight.
- When the churning bowl begins to turn, pour in the your ice cream.
- Allow to churn for 30 minutes then transfer to a freezer container and let set for 3-5 hours before serving.
Happy dance going on over here! Happy! Happy!