Thursday, February 20, 2014

It's been a busy, blustery Thursday here in America's Heartland. Kansas has some of the most unpredictable weather I have ever seen. One minute it's 60 degrees and sunny, the next it's 35 and snowing. This time of year is always a challenge for me. I am so ready for spring.

But until spring decides to show up I intend to make the most of winter's end by enjoying simple slow cooker recipes like the one below. I have been back and forth all over town today, so imagine the joy I encountered when I walked through the door to the smells of this delicious dinner all wrapped up and ready to serve. Bliss Yummies. Pure bliss.


YOU WILL NEED

3 thawed chicken breasts
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped celery
1 red onion diced
1 cup of chopped mini portobello mushrooms
1 cup of long grain and wild rice
2 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of white wine
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1 lemon juiced

GET COOKIN'
  1. Believe it or not my darling Yummies, it's really as simple as add all of these ingredients to a slow cooker, stir and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
  2. When the chicken shreds easily and the rice is tender you can add another cup of chicken stock and another cup of white wine to help form more broth if you desire.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment