Wednesday, February 19, 2014






Why do they sell WonTon wrappers in bulk? I mean, don't get me wrong. I love a good WonTon, but I can't eat 50 of them in one sitting - said the girl who ate a dozen of these puppies by herself watching Sex and the City at noon on a Wednesday. OMG the Carrie and Aiden break up episode is on right now and I had forgotten how tragic it is. Gulp. So sad….but I digress…

WonTons. Mushroom WonTons. 

This little dish is really quite versatile. You can make sweet WonTons, savory WonTons, meat WonTons, veggie WonTons, heck you can even eat the sheets of dough by themselves. Not recommended, but you could do it.

Okay, I'm sorry.  I give in. I'm too distracted by Aiden's adorable face and Carrie's crazy decision NOT to marry him, to write anymore. Sex and the City wins. Here's the recipe!


YOU WILL NEED

1 cup of finely chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup of finely diced green onions
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder, pepper and salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
12 WonTon wrappers

GET COOKIN
  1. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a small frying pan and add the mushrooms, onion and spices. Cook until the mushrooms and onions soften and absorb all the juices.
  2. Drain any excess oil or liquid from the veggie mix then stir in the yogurt.
  3. Lay your wonton wrappers out on the counter and add a small spoonful of the mushroom mixture to the center of each wrapper.
  4. Brush the edges of each wrapper with oil then fold them over into sealed triangles.
  5. Heat another 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan.
  6. When the oil is hot add 3 wontons at a time to the oil and cook for 30 seconds on each side, until brown and crisp.
  7. Drain the cooked wontons on a paper towel lined plate then serve.

Now she's back in Big's office asking him for finical advice. Can we say sexual tension?! GAH I miss this show so much. It was such a beautiful ode to NYC. I can imagine myself walking through Central Park every time I watch it. 

Okay gotta go. Me-time is calling. 

Oh, pipe down! There's a banana butterscotch loaf in the oven. More to come, I promise!

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment