In this house Saturday mornings are sacred. They're dedicated to sleeping in, cuddling, warm cups of coffee and every so often a hearty taste of home.
I grew up on Huevos Rancheros, and I've had many different versions of it. When I make it at home I stick to this simple recipe that warms my insides and reminds me of New Mexico mornings.
YOU WILL NEED
2 cups of frozen tater tots
1 tin of black beans
3 tbsp of chipotle salsa
1 cup of shredded cheddar jack cheese
2 tbsp of chopped green chilies
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cook the tater tots as directed on the packaging.
- Add the black beans and chipotle salsa to a pot and warm together over medium heat.
- Cook your eggs as desired, we usually make ours sunny-side-up or over-easy.
- When the tater tots are done plate them, then add two spoonfuls of the black bean salsa mix over the top.
- Lay your cooked eggs on top of the beans then sprinkle your cheese on top and a final spoonful of chopped green chilies.
There's so much flavor in this dish, you'll notice I didn't use many spices. I hope you enjoy it and tell us what you think.
Have a delicious weekend Yummies. xoxo