Saturday, February 22, 2014



In this house Saturday mornings are sacred. They're dedicated to sleeping in, cuddling, warm cups of coffee and every so often a hearty taste of home.

I grew up on Huevos Rancheros, and I've had many different versions of it. When I make it at home I stick to this simple recipe that warms my insides and reminds me of New Mexico mornings.


YOU WILL NEED
2 cups of frozen tater tots
1 tin of black beans
3 tbsp of chipotle salsa
2 eggs
1 cup of shredded cheddar jack cheese
2 tbsp of chopped green chilies

GET COOKIN

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cook the tater tots as directed on the packaging.
  2. Add the black beans and chipotle salsa to a pot and warm together over medium heat.
  3. Cook your eggs as desired, we usually make ours sunny-side-up or over-easy.
  4. When the tater tots are done plate them, then add two spoonfuls of the black bean salsa mix over the top.
  5. Lay your cooked eggs on top of the beans then sprinkle your cheese on top and a final spoonful of chopped green chilies.

There's so much flavor in this dish, you'll notice I didn't use many spices. I hope you enjoy it and tell us what you think.

Have a delicious weekend Yummies. xoxo

Tagged: , ,

2 comments:

  1. Oh Megan, this dish looks delish {as always}! Love the simple, yet flavorful ingredients! Will have to whip this up sometime soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It SO simple. Hope you lovelies enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete