We did this.
What did you do?
Seriously though Yummies, why NOT try this recipe? Especially for Valentine's Day! Fellas - listen up! If you want a quick and easy dessert that will impress the socks off your date, make these Chocolate Cherry WonTons. You won't be sorry.
6 WonTon wrappers
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup cherry pie filling
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp granulated sugar
- In all honesty you're better off keeping your cherry pie filling jar next to you. You'll only use about 2 tbsp of it for this quantity, but you'll want to pick out 2 cherries in the filling sauce per WonTon.
- Place two cherries in their sauce in the center of the flat WonTon wrappers.
- Sprinkle 5 chocolate chips on top of the cherry pie filling.
- Brush the edges of the WonTon wrapper with a thin amount of cherry pie filling sauce to help seal the WonTon closed when it is folded over into a triangle shape.
- When your WonTons are sealed add the vegetable oil to a small frying pan and allow it to heat.
- Gently lay each WonTon into the oil and allow it to crisp up (about 30 sec on each side).
- Remove the WonTons from the frying pan and let the excess oil strain off on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Transfer the drained WonTons to your serving plate
- Mix the cocoa powder and granulated sugar together then dust your serving plate with a thin layer.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top as garnish.