Sunday, February 16, 2014

Located right off the 125 St. stop on the 1 train, this food lovers gem is a surefire diamond in the rough. If you plan on visiting NYC, chances are you won't find yourself visiting Harlem, which would be a big mistake on your part if you want to have great music and even better food.

Chez Lucienne creates a cozy, intimate ambiance with friendly waiters that have undergone French training. During the winter, they have a coat check at the door so you can sit comfortably. On many days, they also have live jazz and piano music. When I visited Chez Lucienne, they had a full bar and basketball games on the TV. See fellas, something for everyone.


Lucienne makes for a great lunch spot with your girlfriends or a romantic and intimate dinner with that special someone. I mixed things up a little and had an intimate dinner with one of my good friends and her Mum, who is a connoisseur on everything delicious, having eaten in restaurants all over NYC and Europe. The dim lighting made our conversation over a bottle of wine and appetizers exquisite, but made for a difficult time in taking pictures of the culinary delights. So I apologize in advance.

The food was absolutely delicious and I was assured that no matter what I ordered here, no matter how generic it might sound on the menu, the food and the presentation would be to die for. My friend's mum  ordered a fantastic bottle of rose and appetizers of pan-roasted duck con fit pate en croute as well as the pan-roasted gnocchi cooked in a mushroom butter sauce. Both were unlike anything I had ever tasted.


For dinner, I was told to order the coq au vin. My friend, on the other hand, ordered the lemon chicken with roasted potatoes. Yummy!


By the time dessert came, we were on our second bottle of wine and feeling fabulous. We decided to order a float of desserts including the creme brulee, the blueberry tart, and the chocolate mousse. All of which were sinfully delicious.


The service was friendly and intimate. They made it cozy enough for us girls to enjoy our evening swapping stories and jokes for the rest of the night. We also made a few friends with locals at surrounding tables, one of which was a lovely old man who was clearly a regular, enjoying his glass of red wine while watching the basketball game and exchanging witty banter with the manager and waiters.

We closed the place down. As I ventured through the snowy streets of Harlem to find my train back home after a night of jazzy French food, I took the time to soak in the historic and multicultural warmth of Harlem.

I hope you'll explore this area on your next visit to NYC.

Happy trails Yummies.
xoxo

Tagged:

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a wonderful night out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think CakePop enjoyed herself. I hope she'll take me to all these fun places when i go visit her. :)

      Delete