I know that many of you put on a pot of chili and let is simmer for hours up on hours, but that's not necessary. Our turkey chili verde is an amazing combination of flavors that can be ready in a large stove top skillet or pan in just twenty minutes. I promise you, the quick cook on this chili doesn't sacrifice any flavor. You'll love it. I swear!
P.S. - Just like slow cooker chili, this chili also tastes better the second and third night you eat it!
YOU WILL NEED
1.5 pounds of ground turkey
1 onion diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp cumin
2 tsp salt
2 cups of chopped green chilies
1 cup of diced tomatoes
1.5 cups of pinto beans
2 tins of cream of chicken condensed soup
- Add the olive oil to the pot or pan and let heat for 2 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan and stir into the oil so that the meat will coat evenly.
- Add the diced onion and spices to the meat and cook until the meat in no longer pink and the onions are soft. Make sure you stir and massage the spices into the meat for the best flavor.
- When the meat is almost full cooked (about 8-10 minutes) add the chilies, tomatoes and pinto beans.
- Stir everything together then add the 2 tins of cream of chicken soup without the water. If you add the water the chili will become runny. You want to allow the juices from the meat and veggies to substitute the water called for in the cream of chicken condensed soup.
- Stir the soup into the meat mixture until smooth. Allow to cook for an addition 3-5 minutes then serve.
- Feel free to garnish with cheese, sour cream and extra onion as usual.
This is a great recipe to throw together if you're having friends over to watch a basketball game on TV - the undefeated Wichita State Shockers perhaps?! :)
Serve it with warm tortillas or corn chips for extra crunch!
Enjoy Yummies! xoxo