If you follow Yumology on Instagram (just click the Instagram feed over to the right of this page to start) you probably saw our LIVE feed of our New Year's Eve seafood feast. This has become an awesome family tradition, one that CoffeeMaker and I look forward to every year.
These Jalapeño Crab Filo Cups were a new addition to our traditional menu, but by far the best thing we ate all day.
YOU WILL NEED
2 cups of finely chopped cooked crab meat
1 cup of sweet corn kernels
1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded, de-veined and diced small
1/2 brick of cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt, pepper and garlic powder
5 sheets of thawed Filo dough stacked and cut into 12 squares
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the crab meat, corn, jalapeño, cream cheese and spices in a bowl and stir until the cheese is smooth and melted into the mix, then set the bowl aside.
- Prep your thawed Filo dough by using a pizza cutter to cut the stacked 5 sheets into 12 squares (we recommend 4x3 length x height).
- Filo is tricky to work with. You have to act fast on this next step or it will dry out and crack. Use a 12 bowl cupcake tray and spray each hole with cooking spray.
- Lay one sheet of Filo dough at a time into the cupcake holes and press them in to form a cup.
- Spray each of those sheets with cooking spray and then lay another Filo dough sheet on top of each.
- Repeat this process until all your Filo sheets have been used and the cups are five sheets deep.
- Now spoon your crab mixture into each cup.
- Bake the cups at 350 for 20-30 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble and the cups brown.
- Remove carefully and enjoy!
Our Salmon Stuffed Mushrooms are also pictured here. That recipe will be up soon on one of our content partner sites. Stay tuned!