If you're a regular baker you've probably got everything you need for this recipe stocked safely in your kitchen cabinets. So pull 'em out, make a mess and hunker down with a cup of tea.
YOU WILL NEED
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups of granulated sugar
2 sticks of room temp butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and cream together
- Mix in the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until smooth
- Slowly add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter and mix
- When the first 1/3 of the dry ingredients has melted into the mixture add the next 1/3 and repeat until all of the dry ingredients have been added to form a dough
- Roll the dough into balls that are about the size of a golf ball
- Add the cookie dough balls to a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 12 minutes
*You can add a little extra sweetness by sprinkling your warm cookies with an extra dusting of sugar!
Seriously Yummies, these are so good with a warm cup of tea. Grab your blankie and book and enjoy a cozy afternoon in front of your fire.