The nacho chicken used in this recipe is one you need to have in your back pocket at all times. If you can throw this simple - and I mean SIMPLE- recipe together, the dinner possibilities are endless.
We used our nacho chicken to make enchiladas this time around, but, we've also used it in tacos, on nachos, even just ate it by itself. It's that good and it's that easy!
YOU WILL NEED
4 chicken breasts (you can use thawed or frozen)
2 cups of jarred salsa
1 cup of nacho cheese sauce
2 oz tequila (optional)
- Add the chicken breasts, tequila and salsa to a slow cooker and let them love on each other for about 4-6 hours.
- Once the chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork go ahead and shred it all up until it soaks up all the salsa juices.
- Transfer the chicken and salsa to a large mixing bowl and stir in the nacho cheese.
- Now your mix is ready you can decide exactly what you want to use it for. If you want our Green Chile and Nacho Chicken Enchiladas then do the following.
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Roll the nacho chicken into corn tortillas and place in rows in a baking dish.
- Top with 2 cups of chopped green chiles with the juices.
- Top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar and jack cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes until they begin to brown and bubble.
- Remove and serve.