Monday, January 13, 2014


ToddlerBaby and I are both home sick today with the crud. Bleh.

Having my son home sick always makes me think of how I spent sick days as a kid. I would curl up on the couch with my favorite comforter, my favorite pillow, a good movie and a big mug of tomato soup. It was such a great recipe for recovery, why change things 28 years later?

My mum wasn't the "make it from scratch" kind. Rather she was the "let's just experiment on how to improve the basics" kind. Her exploratory ways reaped huge rewards when it came to this go-to sick day tomato soup.

The comforter is out. The movie is playing, and the soup is on.

Feel better Yummies.

YOU WILL NEED
2 tins of Campbell's tomato soup with just 1.5 tin of water
1 tin of diced tomatoes
2 tbsp of olive oil
Pinch of sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder
1 tsp fresh thyme
Garlic toasts or crostini
Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese

GET COOKIN'

  1. Preheat your oven to 350
  2. Toss the diced tomatoes in the olive oil, thyme and spices then lay them out on a baking sheet
  3. Bake the diced tomatoes at 350 for 10-15 minutes, just long enough to bubble and crisp up a little bit
  4. Prepare the tomato soup as directed
  5. Add the roasted tomatoes to the prepared tomato soup and stir together
  6. Top with garlic crostini, a sprinkle of Parmesan and an extra drizzle of olive oil

This recipe is also a great last-minute dinner on those nights you're too tired to go all out in the kitchen.
Enjoy Yummies! xoxo

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment