Sunday, January 26, 2014

If you want to have a fun, sassy brunch with delicious cocktails on the Upper West Side, all at a reasonable price, then you should hit up Good Enough to Eat.

A favorite of the movie star Kevin Bacon, this establishment is located at W. 85th and Colombus, near the Natural History Museum. There is always a line around the block, and their infamous strawberry butter and biscuits are what make this southern comfort kitchen one of the most desirable nosh spots in the city.

Don't be deterred by the line, it moves quickly and the maitre d' will make sure you get the seat you want, which, if you're as desperate for their food as I am, you'll eat pretty much anywhere they can seat you. Seriously, I'll sit in in the coat closet if it means I can get unlimited strawberry butter and biscuits. Did I bring those up already? There's probably a reason for that.


FYI: Kevin Bacon always gets the macaroni and cheese on their lunch and dinner menu so be sure to check out the six degrees of deliciousness there.


The brunch menu ranges from southwestern migas to their traditional southern eggs and biscuits and gravy.  I ordered the corned beef hash with poached eggs, which was filling and delicious for a January day. I washed it all down with their cranberry mimosa and a cup of strong coffee. Good Enough to Eat is exactly that.

That darn maitre d' forced me to imbibe in a free cocktail after my friends and I were asked to move down a seat for a customer. Ugh. Fine. If I have to. My free Flirtini took bubbly champagne and added a punch of antioxidant infused acai berry liquer: Veev, Cointreau, pineapple juice and cranberry juice.


Just when I thought my brunch was over, I was snagged by the allure of the G.E.T.E Bloody Mary, made with gluten free ingredients, tomato and cucumber juices and a concoction of vodkas. Make sure you get it with a slab of bacon! Can't forget the bacon.


Look no further than Good Enough to Eat for comfort food to feed the soul, cocktails to tickle the taste buds, and the occasional celebrity sighting.

Enjoy Yummies! xoxo

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment