In fact, the Better Than Sex Cake was introduced to me many moons ago after we first moved to Kansas. When I tried it then it was a simple German chocolate sheet cake filled with ooey gooey caramel, and topped with whipped cream and toffee. Today, not much has changed, except my dedication to chocolate and the need to make this recipe as rich as possible.
Disclaimer: Yumology is not responsible for any turmoil your relationship may go through upon introducing your spouse or significant other to this dessert.
YOU WILL NEED
1 box of German chocolate cake mix and the ingredients your box calls for (eggs, vegetable oil and water)
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of caramel sauce or caramel ice cream topping
2 cups of toffee bar crumbles (we used Heath bar bits)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare the cake as instructed on the box.
- Find a 9x13 baking dish and pour the prepared cake batter into the dish.
- Bake as instructed on the box (about 20 minutes). You will want to make sure the cake doesn't burn since you are making it thinner than a round cake pan or cupcakes.
- When the cake has finished baking remove it from the oven and let cool briefly for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm use the handle end of a wooden spoon to poke holes about 1 inch apart all over the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and the caramel sauce all over the top of the cake, making sure you hit every hole so it fills up.
- Sprinkle the toffee bar crumbles all over the top of the cake.
- You can serve slices of these brownies warm over ice cream or allow them cool for another hour or so.