That's right, making snow shakes is one of the highlights of our year.
Snow shakes are a great way to celebrate the first snow of the season. It has become a tradition in our house, although I'll admit we usually make them for the first, second, third and sometime fourth snow storm of the year.
The safest way to go about collecting your snow is to scrape it off of an outside tabletop, that way you don't risk any unwanted dirt, stones or doggie deposits in your snow shake. If you don't have snow you can easily make these with ice in a blender but the fine texture of snow is really what makes this drink amazing.
Here you go Yummies, grab your bowl and head outside!
YOU WILL NEED
6 cups of fresh snow or finely grated ice
2 cups of milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Whipped cream and ground nutmeg or cinnamon for garnish
*Add 2 oz Bailey's Irish Cream to the bottom of your glass for a grown up version!
- Gather the milk in a large mixing bowl
- Pour in the milk and sugar and stir until the snow begins to melt and the consistency becomes slushy
- Add the cocoa and vanilla and stir until the cocoa melts into the drink
- Pour the drink into a glass
- *Add the Baileys to the bottom of your glass then pour the snow shake on top*
- Garnish with whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg or cinnamon