The shopping, the wrapping, the cooking, the travel, the kids, the pets, the family, the friends, the excitement? madness? excitement.
So here goes…
We have 15 people at our Christmas table. FIF-TEEN! And all have different tastes. We serve two main dishes just to make sure everyone is covered. This year it's a leg of lamb and a spiral cut ham. We serve two different kinds of potatoes (mashed and roasted). We have 1,237 different desserts, just because…well, dessert.
Everyone wants everything done every way and if you're in the kitchen around serving time you best keep an eye on fingers, toes and...eyes for that matter.
While so many people have so many preferences there is one dish we can all agree on. Brussels sprouts.
So were we. Who would've thought these controversial little green bundles would offer so much in the way of peaceful dining.
Make sure you've got room on your table for these Yummies. They will be POPULAR.
YOU WILL NEED
4 cups of shredded brussels sprouts
1 cup of olive oil
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of white pepper
1 cup of pomegranate seeds
1 lemon juiced
1 tsp of lemon zest
- Add the brussels sprouts and olive oil to a large frying pan and sauté until soft
- Add the salt and white pepper and lemon juice
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the heat and toss them again
- Add the pomegranates and toss again
- Add the lemon zest to the top of the dish as a garnish