Colby and Kacey own the Seattle area food machine, The Sammich Truck, and while they specialize in bringing breaded goodness to the Emerald City on a a daily basis, during the holidays they like to spice things up just like the rest of us.
Colby and Kacey both went to culinary school. That means they're way more qualified to teach y'all how to cook stuff than I am, but let's not get caught up in the paperwork. Instead let's focus on how you can make Colby and Kacey's super simple Peppermint Simple Syrup at home.
- 1 part organic unrefined sugar
- 1 part water
- 1 splash of peppermint extract
Colby claims he adds this to everything during the holidays. Hot cocoa, coffee, pancakes, waffles, fruit, cheesecake, pies, booze, the possibilities are endless.
Since he mentioned booze, we thought we'd make a little holiday ching-a-ling of our own using this snazzy Peppermint Simple Syrup. Check out our very own North Pole Ice Cap
- Fill a glass with ice half way then transfer the ice to a cocktail shaker
- Add 1 shot of vodka
- Add 1 shot of peppermint simple syrup
- 1 cup of milk
- Shake well and serve with a candy cane (Note - don't leave the candy cane in too long, it can overpower the flavor of the drink!)
Cheers Yummies. Have a delicious holiday! xoxo