ToddlerBaby is home today! Which means I gotta up my game in the kitchen.
Cooking with kids this age poses some unique challenges. Nothing can be cut. Nothing can be baked, fried or boiled. Nothing they can choke on. Nothing raw they can get sick from. So where does that leave us?
Thank goodness for mini tortillas, shredded cheese and tomato sauce! We're in the pizza phase in this house. ToddlerBaby would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we let him. Luckily enough this is one dish where he can get his hands dirty and play with his food.
Family cooking time starts now!
YOU WILL NEED
1 mini tortilla per kid
2 tbsp tomato sauce per tortilla
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
10-12 slices of pepperoni (as an option)
- Lay your tortilla on a plate
- Spoon the tomato sauce onto the tortilla and let the kids spread it around
- Have them lay the slices of pepperoni on top of the tomato sauce (if you used 'em)
- Let the kiddos sprinkle the cheese on top of the pepperoni (if you used 'em)
- Microwave for 1 minute and serve or slice into bite sized triangles
It wasn't around long! He washed it down with a tall glass of milk. Nom nom.
Babysitters take note - this will keep the kids still, full and busy for at least 30 minutes! Enjoy!