I joke that my mum is not a very good cook, but in all honesty she has some golden moments. This was one of them.
I've taken those childhood memories of beans on toast and given them a fresh flavor makeover. For lunch today I prepared this little gem as a tribute to my mummy.
Have a delicious day Yummies.
1 bunch of fresh green onions - chopped
1 tin of Cannellini beans
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
12 slices of boasted baguette
- Wash the veggies and the beans
- Add the green onions, Cannellini beans and tomatoes to a large mixing bowl
- Mix the olive oil and spices together in a separate cup
- Pour the dressing over the salad
- Top the slices of baguette