Finally! I am able to log back into Blogger. Apologies for the late posting, social media rants and otherwise all out chaos that ensued during this morning's cooking. Now back to our regularly scheduled deliciousness.
It's Meatless Monday! I love this day. I seriously look forward to concocting new and exciting recipes that are also healthy and animal friendly. I'm making a conscious effort to eat more a more vegetarian diet. Less meat, fewer hormones, better livin. That doesn't mean the rest of my family is on the same page so you'll still get your fill of grilled steak, chicken, turkey - well, you get the idea.
For now here's a healthy vegetarian dish we can all sink our teeth into.
Have a delicious Meatless Monday Yummies!
2 cups of chopped butternut squash
1 cup of quinoa
1 1/2 cups of water
1 head of chopped kale
5 peeled garlic cloves
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1) Toss the squash and garlic cloves in 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1/4 tsp sea salt.
2) Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
3) Rinse the quinoa and cook as package directs with the water
4) Add the kale and the other 2 tbsp olive oil to a sauté pan and cook until soft.
5) Take the softened kale, roasted squash and garlic and add to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
6) Stir the quinoa and shredded cheddar cheese into the vegetable mix and transfer to a baking dish.
7) Bake a 400 for another 20 minutes