In an attempt to eat cleaner Yumology developed the following roasted cauliflower, red pepper and pinion soup recipe. It is sugar-free, lactose-free, gluten free and flavor FULL.
One large head of organic cauliflower, two fresh red bell peppers and almond milk make up the primary ingredients of this bowl of wholesome, hearty goodness you won't soon forget.
Have a delicious day!
YOU WILL NEED
1 large head of cauliflower (stems removed and florets broken off)
2 large red bell peppers (sliced cored and seeded)
2 cups of plain, unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp roasted pine (piñon) nuts
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tsp sea salt (separated into 2 parts)
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees
- Toss the cauliflower florets and red bell peppers in the olive oil
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of sea salt over the oiled veggies and roast at 350 for 30 minutes
- When the peppers have blistered and the cauliflowers has browned remove them from the oven
- Add the roasted vegetables to a large food processor
- Begin to pulse while slowly pouring in the almond milk
- When the soup is smooth transfer it to a stove top pan
- Heat the soup until warm
- Add the pinion nuts to a frying pan and toss until toasted
- Transfer the soup to a serving bowl and garnish with toasted pinion nuts