We've been to Italy numerous times and many of our favorite dishes are the most simplistic. Below is a recipe we experienced whilst staying in a vineyard country house in Veneto. Paired with a crisp white wine, this dish will satisfy your pasta cravings without weighing you down.
Buon appetito Yummies!
YOU WILL NEED
3 fresh tomatoes (peeled, cored and boiled)
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 cups of spaghetti (about half a box)
Handful of sea salt
- Prep the tomatoes first by removing the stem from the outside and placing the tomatoes in boiling water
- When the skin begin to pull away from the meat of the tomato it is ready to be removed from the boiling water, peeled, cored and seeded
- Chop the tomatoes into bite sized pieces and discard the sees and set aside
- Boil a pot of water and add the sea salt
- Once the water had boiled add the spaghetti and cook until al dente
- Strain all excess water from the spaghetti and set adside
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan, heat then add the spaghetti
- Toss the spaghetti in the oil and add the tomatoes
- Toss the tomatoes and spaghetti in the heated oil then slowly toss in the thyme
- Plate and serve fresh from the frying pan
Have a delicious day!