How did this glorious combination of autumnal flavors come to be? Confession: we cheated. While we would have loved to have had the time to create our own oatmeal cookie dough from scratch, the allure of the dough packet screaming at us from the deli section was too tempting to resist.
Blame our poor time management skills.
Nonetheless this is a recipe you time-starved mommas, poppas, grand daddies, mack daddies and kids of all ages should make NOW! Right now. What are you waiting for? Oh…the recipe. Well hereyago. Now get cookin'!
YOU WILL NEED
1 packet of oatmeal cookie dough
1 peeled, cored Honeycrisp apple sliced into half circles
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup of caramel topping
NOTE* We cheated with the caramel topping too. I know. I know. Somewhere food bloggers and are silently screaming and a food angel lost its wings. We're not proud.
- Spray a tart pan with non-stick pray
- Allow the cookie dough to come close to room temperature so it is easier to shape
- Press the cookie dough into the base of the tart pan
- Add the slices of Honeycrisp apple to the top of the cookie dough
- Melt the butter and brush the tops of the apples with the butter
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- Remove and let cool
- Top with caramel dipping sauce
Have a delicious day! xoxo