Monday, September 16, 2013






It's unexpected, that's for sure. As I approached the check out line in my local grocery store I was taken aback by the display for Almond Water. Almond Water? Is that like Almond Milk? I like Almond Milk. Maybe I would like Almond Water. I brought two bottles back to the test kitchen and was floored by the results.

My expectations were low. I thought I was about to sip a nutty, thick, awkwardly forced combination of flavors, but that was not my experience at all. Instead I was overcome by a refreshing burst of sweetness that cleansed my palate and left me wanting more.

Victoria's Kitchen is a California based beverage company that specializes in this amazing product. Their website describes Almond Water as a family drink, an alternative to lemonade or sweet tea. It's made from all natural ingredients and is gluten free, fructose free, dairy free and only 100 calories per bottle.

The original Almond Water recipe came from the French family matriarch, Victoria, who perfected the recipe years ago. Today her grandson, David, has evolved from making batches upon requests from friends, to seeing his grandmother's product sold on the shelves of many natural grocers markets - hence, my lucky run in.

Being the Yumologist that I am I couldn't wait to get my Almond Water home and try it in the various recipes listed on the bottle. I put it in my coffee. It was good. I put it in iced coffee. It was even better. It almost acts as a prepackaged substitute for simple syrup.

Idea!

I took a basic white sangria recipe and used Victoria's Kitchen Almond Water in place of simple syrup. The results were amazing. It cut the acidity of the wine and gave the drink a richer, fresher flavor that it had been lacking. See for yourselves!

Yumology's White Almond Sangria

1 bottle of white wine
1 bottle of Almond Water
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
1/2  of an orange sliced
  1. Stir all the ingredients together in a pitcher and let sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
  2. Serve chilled.


Simple as that!

Do yourselves a favor this week Yummies and take the time to try something new. Almond Water might be a great place to expand those taste bud horizons!

Have a delicious day!

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment