Friday, September 20, 2013


I'm going to take this opportunity to be brutally honest and say this was the first time I tried kale. I had heard of all the wonderful vitamins, minerals and proteins it provides, especially to expectant mothers, but I had never made time to properly introduce myself to it. Until today. Today kale and I met and we became fast friends.

I dressed the kale in a beautiful gown of olive oil and sea salt before baking it in a 400 degree oven. I did the same to kale's good friend carrots and had a earthy, magnificent lunch of fortified, baked, veggie-glory goodness.  Here' how you too can enjoy.

YOU WILL NEED
4 cups of chopped kale
2 cups of carrot chips
1/2 cup olive oil (separated into two 1/4 cups)
1 tsp sea salt (separated into two 1/2 tsps)

GET COOKIN'
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
  2. Add the kale and 1/4 cup of olive oil to a bowl and toss well until each leaf is well coated
  3. Lay the kale out on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of sea salt
  4. Use the same bowl to toss the carrot chips in 1/4 cup of olive oil
  5. Lay the carrots out on a separate baking sheet and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tsp of sea salt
  6. Place the carrot baking sheet on the lower shelf of your oven
  7. Place the kale baking sheet on the top shelf of your oven
  8. Bake the kale for 15 minutes
  9. Bake the carrot chips for 20 minutes
  10. Remove, plate and serve

Have a delicious day Yummies!





Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment