We've come to the realization that anything stuffed with cheese is going to taste absolutely amazing. However, through hours of intense trial and error we've also realized that stuffing a pork chop with cheese, herbs, spices and fresh aromatic veggies is also an intoxicating combination guaranteed to make your taste buds say va-va-va voom!
We've taken a traditional combination of Greek flavors and stuffed into a non-traditional pork chop. The results were astounding. We hope you'll see for yourselves.
Here we go Yummies!
YOU WILL NEED
2 bone-in pork chops
1 cup of feta cheese
1 tbsp diced Kalamata olives
1tsp fresh chopped rosemary
1tsp fresh chopped mint
1/4 tsp lemon zest
3 garlic cloves minced
1 chopped shallot
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Add a thin layer of olive oil to the bottom of a baking dish
- Pat the pork chops dry with a disposable paper towel
- Use a sharp knife and cut an incision directly through the middle of the pork chop down to the bone
- Mix the feta cheese, olives, rosemary, mint, garlic cloves, shallots, lemon zest and 2 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl and stir together
- Scoop half of the mixture into one of the pork chops and the other half of the mixture into the other
- Be sure the pork chops are not too full. You still want the edges to touch and close up
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder to the outside of the pork chops
- Place chops in baking tray and cook for 45-60 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chop)
- Remove and serve over a bed of mashed potatoes or with whatever side you would like
Have a delicious day Yummies!