That's right Yummies. Three little words that will change your life: Cronut. Nutella. Poptarts. Did we just…? Oh, yes. Yes, we did. Have you ever had one of those experiences in the kitchen where you're telling yourself "this will either go terribly wrong, or terribly right." Lucky for us (and you) this recipe can't get righter!
While we didn't make our dough from scratch (hanging heads in shame), we're confident many of you time starved Yummies will appreciate the convenience of prepared crescent rolls or croissant dough. No longer will you waste your Sunday standing in line for the almighty cronut. No-no. Friends of Yumology will now be able to take the power of the cronut into their own hands and make this trendsetting pastry your b*tch.
Roll up your sleeves and get after it Yummies.
YOU WILL NEED
1 tube of crescent roll dough
2 cups of vegetable oil
4 tbsp of Nutella
4 tsp of strawberry jelly (or whatever jelly your yummy lil heart desires)
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Heat the oil in a flat bottomed frying pan until a sample of dough bubbles and floats immediately upon entry
- Separate the dough into four sections
- Add the Nutella and jelly to the center of one of the triangles
- Fold the other side of the dough over, flipping it so the edges match up exactly
- Crimp the edges of each cronut with a fork
- Slowly and carefully slide each cronut into the heated oil, heavy end first
- Allow it to bubble and cook on one side for 30 seconds or until it browns and crisps
- Slowly flip the cronut over to the other side and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until brown and crisp
- Set the fried cronuts onto a paper towel lined plate and allow the excess oil to drain off
- Continue to cook the other cronuts one at a time
- When all of the cronuts are cooked and drained stack them one by one on a plate, sprinkling powdered sugar over each one and then over the top
You. Are. Welcome.
Have a delicious day!