If you're an avid reader of ours, you'll remember our weekly NFL Chili Cookoff posts from earlier this season. Every team was represented with an original Yumology recipe, and 32 pots later we had a full roster of chili legends.
Today we're back in the kitchen, cooking up the chili recipes that represent both of today's teams. We hope you'll join us and celebrate one of America's finest foodie holidays with an NFL chili of your choice.
Today, may the super bowl win.
Baltimore Crab Chili
1 cup of fresh crab meat picked clean for shells
2 tbsp of diced shallots
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of small diced red potatoes (we like to buy the very small gourmet potatoes and just slice those thin.)
1/2 cup of chopped celery
1 tin of white kidney beans
2 tins of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil, white wine, lemon juice shallots, garlic, celery and potatoes. Let all cook thoroughly until softened.
- Add the crab meat to the vegetable mix and toss all of the ingredients together over low heat.
- Prepare the cream of mushroom soup by following the directions on the tin.
- Whisk the soup and milk together as instructed on the tin, add the white pepper and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Add the vegetable and crab mix to the soup.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
San Francisco 49ers Napa Valley Chili
1 medium pot roast
1 bottle of red wine
2 cups of beef broth
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of diced red potatoes
2 cups of diced tomatoes
1 cup of diced carrots
1 cup of diced celery
2 cups of diced onions
2 cups of halved grapes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp oregano
- Mix the spices together in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pot roast then rub the spices all over the meat.
- Add the meat to a large oven safe cooking pot.
- Surround the meat in the chopped vegetables and potatoes.
- Pour an entire bottle of red wine over the meat and veggies.
- Cook in the oven at 300 for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from oven stir in the grapes and serve.