Thursday, January 31, 2013



Quite a few of our favorite yummy mummies are expecting babies any day now and we're so excited to meet the lil' nuggets!  While the joy of a new baby is indeed exhilarating, parenting a newborn can also be exhausting.  Feeding schedules, dirty diapers and sleepless nights make the idea of cooking family meals exhausting.

In an effort to assist new parents many friends, neighbors and loved ones will deliver dishes of cooked comfort food. Mac n' cheese, meatloaf, fried chicken and much, MUCH more stocked our fridge for days after our son was born. We appreciated having something quick, easy and baked full of love we could microwave and have ready at a moment's notice.

As a post-partum mommy, I had a difficult relationship with food. I felt an enormous amount of pressure to drop the pregnancy weight as soon as possible. To me this meant dieting and depriving myself of any excess calories whatsoever. On the other hand, breastfeeding demanded I load up on nutrients and calories so I could provide these to my nursing son who, weighing in a whopping 5 lb. 3 oz., desperately needed them.

Putting my child's needs ahead of my own vanity, I gave myself a break and focused on eating foods rich in calcium, healthy fats, and carbs all in the hopes of growing a bouncing baby boy. I succeeded. It wasn't until recently that my body returned to its pre-preggo size. In fact, I'm a few pounds down from where I was before I got pregnant. I credit going back to work and chasing an on-the-go toddler.

Thinking back to those first precious days at home my mind and mouth remember the relief comfort food provided. Below are a few of our favorite Pinterest recipes we are planning to package for our yummy mommies and their beautiful babies. Tell us what you think and please feel free to share any ideas or dishes you've enjoyed receiving.












Also check out our Pregnancy Cravings: Fact or Fiction article to learn what the yummy mummy in your house might be craving and why.



Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment