Those clever Yumologists at Pinterest have once again discovered a simple yet mind-blowing way to add flair to any holiday treat.
- Take a simple ice cream cone (the pointy ended ones, not the flat bottom ones).
- Flip them upside down and rest them on top of your holiday cupcake.
- Mix green food coloring into a white icing of your choice. (This could even be your Egg Nog icing from yesterday!)
- Add the green icing to a piping bag and use a star tip to apply the icing in small dobbs around the cone.
- Work your way to the tip from the bottom in a circular pattern to ensure excellent coverage.
- Add some silver candied sprinkles the trees to mimic small ornaments.
Voila! You have just taken your tired old Christmas cupcake and turned it into an eye-catching, dessert table centerpiece.
For a real treat, add some candies to the inside of the cone as a surprise!