Our Yumologists have been making an effort to eat cleaner lately. So far we've managed to go the entire week without eating any animal products whatsoever. Our Tuesday night dinner included long grain and wild rice stuffed Portobello mushrooms with ranch blended cauliflower. Take a look…
3 large Portobello mushroom caps
1 box of long grain and wild Rice-a-Roni (substitute olive oil for butter in prep)
1 large yellow onion
1 head of cauliflower
1 bunch of green onions
1 packet of dried ranch seasoning
- Cook the rice as directed. NOTE: to avoid dairy substitute olive oil for butter in prep.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil in a baking dish and juice both lemons into the base of a baking dish.
- Scrape the inside out of each Portobello cap creating a bowl.
- Stuff each mushroom with cooked rice.
- Slice the onion and cook in a frying pan with olive oil, salt and garlic powder until the onions soften.
- Top each mushroom cap with the onion and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Broil for an additional 3-5.
- Boil the cauliflower until is softens. Add the boiled cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until smooth, like mashed potatoes.
- Chop the green onions and add the green onions and ranch packet to cauliflower.
Here's to many happy, healthy tummies. Stay yummy friends!