This week's NFL Chili Cookoff Winner was our Kansas City Chiefs Pulled Pork Rib Chili. Sweet, tangy meaty and full of Kansas City flavor.
Congrats to Chiefs fans everywhere on two big wins this week. We hope you'll try this recipe at your next tailgate.
Kansas City Pulled Pork Rib Chili
2 lb boneless pork spare ribs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 bottle of BBQ sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tins of diced tomatoes
2 diced onions
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tin of black beans
1 quart chicken stock
- Mix the all of the seasonings together with the brown sugar and rub liberally on the ribs.
- Roll the ribs in foil and place in a baking dish. Bake in the oven at 300 for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and broil for an additional 10-15 minutes until a crust forms on the outer layer of the meat.
- Remove the meat from the oven and shred into pulled pork. Set aside.
- In a large pot add the olive oil and heat. Add the onions, tomatoes, minced garlic and BBQ sauce.
- When the onions soften add the honey and stir.
- Add the chicken stock and meat to the pot. Transfer any leftover juices from the meat to the pot as well.
- Add the black beans and let simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Don't forget to tell us which of these chills you liked the best. We'll have our pick ready to announce after MNF. Have a delicious weekend!