We hope you don't mind but we've decided to switch things up a bit, mainly because our Yumologists don't have the time or the kitchen space to cook two chills in one day anymore.
May the best bowl win!
New York Jets Pizza Chili
2 tins of diced tomatoes (drained)
1 medium tin of tomato paste
1 standard size jar of pasta sauce
2 lb pork sausage
2 diced green bell peppers
3 cups of diced mushrooms
2 diced onions
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp organo
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups of shredded mozzarella
1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot add a thin coating of olive oil to the bottom. Allow the oil to heat then add the sausage to the pot. Allow the sausage to cook thoroughly.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked add the onions, garlic and bell peppers. Allow the vegetables to cook until softened. You may want to add another splash of olive oil to help them soften.
- Add the mushrooms, tomato paste, tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices to the pot. Stir and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add a handful of mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to the top of each bowl of chili while it is still hot enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve with warm garlic bread.