What better way to celebrate our Yummy Mummy's birthday than with her favorite Apple Almond Spice Cake. We admit we snuck in a few shortcuts with this recipe as a way to keep things simple and quick. But we think you'll agree the end results are so delicious you'd swear it was built from scratch!
1 box of spice cake mix
1 tub of white, vanilla icing
1 packet of Betty Crocker icing creations in Cinnamon Roll flavor
1 tin of apple pie filling
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp brandy
2 cups of toasted almond slices
- Bake the spice cake as directed on the box. We used a round 12" bake pan and noticed that the top of our cake rose a little higher than the edges. You'll want to cut the top of your cake so that it is level and does not have any curvature.
- When the cake has cooled mix the icing and the packet of Cinnamon Roll icing creations together and frost the cake sides and top.
- Mix the apple pie filling, brown sugar, cinnamon and brandy together and add to the top and center of the cake.
- Toast the almond slices in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes or until they begin to crisp up and brown.
- When the almond slices have cooled sprinkle them around the sides and top edge of the cake.
This recipe is a great take-along for fall parties. Beautiful and delicious!