1 can of medium artichoke hearts (chopped)
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 cup of diced shallots
2 tbsp olive oil
1 brick of low-fat cream cheese
4 cups of grated firm mozarella cheese
1/2 cup of grated parmesean cheese
1/2 cup of white wine
1/2 tsp white pepper
Salt to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large stove top wok or deep pan.
- When the oil is hot add the shallots and garlic and let soften.
- Add the baby spinach and cook down until leaves have wilted and shrunk completely.
- Add the artichoke hearts and stir until warm.
- Add the white wine, white pepper and salt; reduce for 10 minutes, allowing some of the excess liquid to boil away.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature and add it to the pan.
- Once the cream cheese has been mixed in, add the shredded mozarella.
- Stir until consistency thickens and becomes more dip like.
- Transfer contents to a bowl and top with parmesean cheese while still hot.
- Begin dipping with crackers, bread or pita chips.