Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kraft Foods recently launched a ground-breaking marketing campaign featuring faux testimonials on consumer experiences with their Miracle Whip spread. Each testimonial revealed a love or distaste for the product.

This is the first commercial our Yumologists have encountered where the product being promoted has an advertised 50/50 chance of being liked. The campaign has obviously sparked debate amongst Miracle Whip supporters, but is it closing the door to those consumers who have yet to try it?

Where do you fall in the love/hate Miracle Whip debate?

Do you think this is a good marketing strategy when it comes to food?

Tagged:

1 comment:

  1. I kinda liked the commercial! I don't use Miracle Whip or Mayo but it did get me to look up the ingredients and nutritional facts and I have to say it's not as bad as I thought it was!

    ReplyDelete