Thursday, March 10, 2011

Starry Night      Mona Latte
This morning our Yumologists were researching the art of latte decorating when we stumbled upon this fantastic new find: http://www.coffee-art.com/. Here we discovered a vast array of classical paintings, reinvented using espresso in lieu of paint.

The artist Karen (last name unknown), has been painting with coffee since 1998, and recently branched out to include chocolate recreations in her portfolio as well. Karen divulges how she was first inspired to enter into these culinary creations on her site:

"I first thought of the idea of painting with coffee while watching rich, red-brown espresso pouring perfectly into my cup.  As I enjoyed my hot latte, it occurred to me that perhaps I could take my passion for coffee to a deeper level.  So I dipped my brush and began painting, and to my delight, it worked beautifully."

As art-appreciating Yumologists, we're very impressed when the two worlds collide to form caffeinated canvases such as Karen's. We hope that she will continue to dazzle us with her coffee and chocolate creations, while exploring other artistic ingredients.

Images and quote courtesy of www.coffee-art.com

Raspberry Iced Coffee
This recipe is a great way to repurpose leftover morning coffee for an afternoon or evening jolt!

1 cup of strong coffee
1/4 cup of almond milk
1 tbsp raspberry syrup
1 cup of cubed ice
1 tbsp Kahlua (*for an evening kick)
  • Brew the coffee that morning and let it cool.
  • Add ice to glass and pour in milk, raspberry syrup and Kahlua (optional) before adding the coffee.
  • Stir ingredients together, sip and enjoy.

What iced coffee recipes do you enjoy?

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment