Wednesday, February 23, 2011

These little gold mines of antioxidants have helped me in times of trouble more than once. I have very unruly kidneys and whenever they act up my Doctor always told me to drink lots of cranberry juice. I never understood how cranberries prevented kidney problems until I dug deeper into their medicinal properties.

Dr. Amy Howell, a researcher at Rutgers University began studying the anti-adhesion properties of cranberries and their juices back in 1998. Dr. Howell discovered that the proanthocyanidins (PACs), which inhibit the fimbrial adhesion of bacteria and help prevent urinary tract infections and kidney diseases when
consumed regularly.

High on the antioxidant scale cranberries also have anti-aging benefits such as 
preventing memory loss and loss of coordination. Just think now you and your
kidneys can stay alert well into your golden years!

Do you have a favorite cranberry recipe?

Referenced: www.cranberryinstitue.org

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment